Call for Artists: CHRISTUS St. Vincent Medical Center
Call for Artists: CHRISTUS St. Vincent would like to celebrate the photographic talent of our Associates by featuring large-scale prints (20 x 30”) of your photos as artwork in patient rooms. Our CSV Art Committee’s intent is to feature joyful celebrations of landscapes in and around Santa Fe and Northern New Mexico as seen through the eyes of those who live and work here.
At this time, we would like to invite you and/or your family members to participate by submitting your photographs for consideration and selection to the art committee. Please note that it may not be possible to use all submitted photographs. Final selections will represent a variety of subject matter and photographers whose photographs align with evidence-based design and support healing/therapeutic environments.
For more information on Evidence-based design and therapeutic/healing environments please visit: http://distinctiveartsource.com/evidence-based-art/ or http://www.wbdg.org/resources/therapeutic-environments
Submittal Guidelines — Subject Matter and Format:
It is important that all photographic artwork in the hospital remain both facility and healthcare appropriate, which means submittals should include:
- Landscapes that celebrate the natural beauty of the area, as staying close to nature and familiar surroundings is a key to helping reduce stress in healing environments.
- Images that include vista views of landscapes in and around Santa Fe and Northern New Mexico. Photographs including distant horizon lines provide a “window” to the patient in a way that offers a positive distraction which helps aid in the healing process by reducing stress.
- Horizontal or square in format to fit available wall space in patient rooms.
- Avoid stormy skies, dark shadows and highly blurred subject matter as these elements can cause negative responses from patients when they are stressed or not feeling well.
- Digital files selected will need to be able to be printed clearly up to 24” x 36” in size
- Photographers will not be responsible for printing but will have the option to print their photographs if they have the equipment to do so.
- Please submit up to 10 low-res jpegs of the photographs you would like to have considered by the art committee.
- Title each jpeg submitted with your last, first name and title of photo
- Email images along with contact form below to Carolyn Gialluca: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deliver on thumb drive or CD to Administration to the attention of Antoinette Patnode (email@example.com)
Submittal Deadline: August 24, 2018
If you have questions or need additional information please contact Carolyn Gialluca at Distinctive Art Source 703-956-1946 or firstname.lastname@example.org.Download Complete Call to Artists