How to Avoid Change Orders When Designing Feature Art Elements
As an interior designer in the healthcare industry, you are well aware of the many challenges and obstacles involved in delivering a high quality interiors project on time and within budget. You anticipate the unexpected:
- The subcontractor who destroys your feature wall by installing thermostats or fire extinguishers.
- The discovery that the monumental sculpture was grossly under estimated after the design phase is completed.
- The realization that the decorative sconces lining the corridors do not spotlight the artwork adequately.
- The donor who suddenly pulled funding from the project.
- The hospital IT department that installs LED monitors and outlets along a wall intended for artwork.
The list goes on. Horror stories abound.
But this doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice avant-garde environments or innovative design elements in expectation of disaster. You can dream big and deliver on your promises when you plan ahead.